July 5th, 2022, Wednesday, 9am-1pm, Homebound Delivery
Today was different because I worked with Sal Salvador, the Programs Coordinator. He is in charge of the Homebound Delivery program. First, we visited a memory care facility where he has a few patrons, and then we went to an assisted living facility. At the assisted living facility, one patron was using the homebound delivery service, and Sal had a meeting to present the program to the residents. Today the residents of the facility had their first meeting to form a book club, so it was the perfect opportunity for the library to meet with them to talk about the program. He explained how the program works, and we shared with them different ways for them to find books in the catalog and let them know about all of the fantastic services that are available online with their library card. We talked about maybe returning with a tutorial on how to use all of the different services.
I really enjoyed my time with the residents. I never thought I would enjoy working with the older population, but I really enjoyed myself with the facility's residents. Just like children who need attention and people to make them feel special, these older patrons also thrive on one-on-one attention from someone outside their daily routines.
This is a new program for the library, and about 100 patrons are served by the homebound delivery service. It will be great to see how it grows.
![]() |
| Sal, Program Coordinator presenting on the Homebound Delivery Service |
Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.