Tuesday, July 5th, 2022, 9am-1pm, Adult Services
Today I worked in Adult Services, and it was a lot of the same type of help that patrons need on past assignments at the Adult Services Desk. Patrons need help booking study rooms and help with the printer, copier, and fax machine. It is amazing how much personal information patrons share with the librarians at the reference desk. You often feel like a counselor listening to others as they share their trials and tribulations.
With my practicum supervisor's encouragement, I have been working on trying to develop a multi-generational program for the library. Today I talked to her about partnering with Generation Serve. They are an organization that facilitates volunteers for various local non-profits with the help of families in the area. Generation Serve gives families many volunteer opportunities, including my own. When I shared with Geeta that one of the projects we worked on was a seed bomb, her face lit up. She is currently working on setting up a seed library and thought the seed bomb would be a fantastic way to launch this new initiative. I will now be working on the promotional aspects of the new seed library with a service project to get the community excited.
![]() |
| My New Project, Collaborating with Generation Serve |
Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.