Wednesday, July 20, 2022

New Project: Taking Inventory of Magic Treehouse

Wednesday, July 20th, 2022, 9am-1pm, Youth Services

There were several back-to-back story times this morning, so we stayed pretty busy at the library. Working at the library, I have learned that many foreign languages are spoken in my community. I don't recognize all the languages spoken, but I recognize French, Spanish and Portuguese. Today I was helping a mom and her young son locate a book. I could tell she relied on her young son because of a language barrier. I wasn't sure which language she spoke, but since I can speak Spanish, I asked what language she spoke. It turned out it was Russian, so I couldn't offer language assistance, but I tried to speak to both mom and son to lessen the pressure on the young child. 

While I assisted patrons with reader's advisory, I also began a new project. I am doing inventory on the Magic Treehouse book series. Theresa stated that she bought some extra copies of the books last year but had not done a deep down analysis of the number of copies of each book and how many times they had been checked out.  I am creating a spreadsheet with all of this information to make it visually easier for her to see the circulation of each copy of the book in the series. 
Magic Treehouse Library Collection



Sara GandarĂ­a-Escamilla 
Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Final Reflections of a Practicum

Thursday, August 4th, 2020, Final Wrap Up On my Last Day at Round Rock Public Library When I first started the program, my advisor mentioned...