Monday, July 11, 2022

Book Fair at the Library

Monday, July 12, 2022, 5pm-3pm, Children's Services

Today's assignment was to work during the Summer Scholastic Book Fair. I have worked two book fairs at my school library job. Hence, I am very familiar with the register. Working at the public library fair was more manageable because you don't have to deal with discounts, e-wallets, or gift certificates. It was nice to see so many families come in and buy books. They usually send adult titles at the school book fair too, so I was surprised that the inventory they sent to the public library did not include books for adults. For part of the time, one of the children's librarians hosted an open play in the adjoining meeting room. That helped move people back in forth between the fair and the programming. Unlike the school library and the reference desk, no one asked me for help choosing titles, but meeting patrons in a different capacity was still a great time. 



Sara GandarĂ­a-Escamilla 
Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Final Reflections of a Practicum

Thursday, August 4th, 2020, Final Wrap Up On my Last Day at Round Rock Public Library When I first started the program, my advisor mentioned...