Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Adult Services on My Own

Tuesday, July 12, 2022. 9am-1pm, Adult Services    

Today I got to work at the Adult Services Desk on my own with a Librarian nearby for questions at the reference desk. Usually, I work with someone at the same desk, so I am a secondary helper. This time I got to help all on my own, which helped me learn much more. As they say, trial by fire. I answered the usual questions from patrons needing help with the printer, needing help logging on, reserving rooms, etc. It's always interesting to have patrons think that they are bothering you for asking for help. Our sole reason for sitting at the desk is to help patrons. One patron needed help finding a book. It turned out that because it was a thriller, it was shelved in the mystery section. She was so grateful that I "saved the day."

I also continued working on my project with Geeta to launch the seed library initiative. Generation Serve had not emailed me back, so I followed up with them using a different email. It turned out that they had a meeting later that afternoon with two of the Adult Services Librarians. I am working on a formal proposal today to flesh out the program for the launch. I am thinking of proposing a program that runs over three days to help capture various groups of patrons.  

Working at the Adult Services Desk




Sara Gandaría-Escamilla 
Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Final Reflections of a Practicum

Thursday, August 4th, 2020, Final Wrap Up On my Last Day at Round Rock Public Library When I first started the program, my advisor mentioned...