Thursday, July 28, 2022

Last Day of My Practicum

Thursday, July 28, 2022, 5pm-9pm, Youth Services

Today was the last day of my practicum, and I can't believe how fast it went. It was a relatively quiet evening to wrap it all up. I helped a few patrons find books on the shelves. Only one family with two kids needed reader's advisory. One was looking for diary based books with a bonus if they included cute animals like the Owl Diaries series. Their other child wanted funny chapter books with alien characters. Finding books for this family that their kids would enjoy was fun.


I was able to spend the rest of my time working on my social media project for Library Card Sign-up Month. Doing a project like this is always like writing a paper. You put everything out there, and then with editing, the magic happens. I created seven different posts. By the time I got to the last one, I had decided on the "look" I wanted to go with and went back to recreate all of the first ones to give them consistency. It is satisfying to come up with something that I am proud of. Now I need to put it on a storyboard with the text that will go on each post. It's been a fun project to work on, and I am glad that Geeta insisted that I come away with a project that was tangible from the practicum.


I also spent some time with Theresa looking over the plans for the new library. It is going to be so spacious from the patron and employee sides. I can't wait for it to open early next year. 

Thank You Gift from Youth Services Staff





Sara GandarĂ­a-Escamilla 
Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Final Reflections of a Practicum

Thursday, August 4th, 2020, Final Wrap Up On my Last Day at Round Rock Public Library When I first started the program, my advisor mentioned...