Friday, July 1, 2022

Read-Alikes for Epic Books

Friday, July 1, 2022, 9am-1pm, Youth Services

Since there was only one library program and it was the start of a Holiday weekend, the library was relatively quiet today. I was able to help several families, but it didn't feel quite as busy as other days. I enjoy the toddlers who freely come up to the desk and start talking to me as if they have known me their whole lives. Two little girls with big imaginations imagined the library to be a village complete with fairies and a queen. They gestured in my direction when they were referring to a queen, so I told them I would gladly be the queen in their land of imagination.

I also always enjoy helping young patrons find new to them books. One young boy wanted a series that the library didn't have that was produced by Epic. Epic is an online interactive app that the schools in our local district utilize. Today I learned that Epic publishes their own physical books too. Since we didn't have the particular series of books he was looking for, I introduced him to a similar series. Unlike a school library where I see students weekly, I may never see some of these patrons again. I am always left to wonder if the patrons enjoy the books I recommend.  

13th Street Series was the book series that I recommend to a young patron today.



Sara GandarĂ­a-Escamilla
Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Final Reflections of a Practicum

Thursday, August 4th, 2020, Final Wrap Up On my Last Day at Round Rock Public Library When I first started the program, my advisor mentioned...