Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Reader's Advisory: Magical Books and Legos

Tuesday, June 22, 2022 10am-1pm, Youth Services

There was a coincidental theme amongst the reader's advisory that I did today. Two sets of patrons asked me for books about Legos, and two others asked me for fiction books with magical elements. One little patron going into third grade was able to verbalize that she likes books with magical elements and plot twists. I love that she was able to verbalize that. I am an adult, and through this program, I am finally learning the types of books that I enjoy. The other reader's requests included Hardy Boys, Pokemon, Naruto, and books about trucks and their noises. As I became familiar with the shelves at RRPL, I can now go directly to some areas of the library without looking up the call number. 

Today Geeta, my practicum supervisor, introduced me to Sal, the Mobile Library Librarian. She is adjusting my schedule for a couple of days next week so that I can go on a run with him. He delivers books to homebound patrons and assisted living facilities. I will learn more about what he does next week when I get to work with him.

Geeta asked me today if I wanted to do any particular tasks or experiences while participating in the practicum. I commented that I would like to participate in programming. She suggested that I put together my program from start to finish. Geeta said I can dream big and come up with a passion project. This will be a fantastic opportunity, and as I begin to think of ideas, it is a bit intimidating and stressful. 


Book Lists that I offer patrons when looking for age appropriate books by grade level.

Sara GandarĂ­a-Escamilla Geeta Halley, Site Supervisor Practicum Schedule 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Final Reflections of a Practicum

Thursday, August 4th, 2020, Final Wrap Up On my Last Day at Round Rock Public Library When I first started the program, my advisor mentioned...